Get Channel right and you’ll know, measure and track the right ways to reach your customers.
Why is it important?
Channel is how you source new business. These could be third-party relationships, often referred to as ‘word of mouth’, or traditional marketing channels like digital marketing, advertising and PR.
Understanding Channel is crucial for revenue generation. It’s also imperative that you market with clarity to your channel partners.
Your business needs to have expectations and measures in place for each of its channels because it’s easy to waste time and money-nurturing channels when they’re not delivering us work.
What’s best practice?
- You know and measure the channels that deliver work to your business.
- All of your channels have KPIs.
- You’re actively seeking new channels.
- Every channel has a documented communications program.
- You regularly review and refresh your communications programs.