Does your business have a functional marketing resources?
Capability is your marketing engine room: your people, structures, processes, budgets and resources.
Why is it important?
Capability, in a nutshell, is your business’ ability to develop a long-term marketing strategy.
It helps you deliver a focused and consistent marketing plan that supports your business.
- Your business needs to have the ability to develop a marketing strategy that is connected to the business strategy; the 9 Boxes is a template for a marketing strategy.
- It doesn’t matter how large or small your business is you need to set a marketing budget and stick to it.
- A marketing budget needs to be realistic – you cannot substantially grow a business on a ‘business as usual’ budget.
- Your business needs some marketing functionality – it could be you, it could be that you recruit a team member or you could outsource.
- If you invest in a team member make sure they have the skills for where the business is heading – last week’s receptionist is not good enough!
- Make sure your marketing resource knows what the business needs to achieve – share your business objectives.
- From an organisational structure perspective ensure that your marketing resource has regular reporting structure – they need to produce regular reports and updates for the management team.
- Your marketing and sales teams need to be connected to the same business objectives and meet on a regular basis.
- Your business needs to have measurements in place; before every piece of tactical activity decide what you want as a result.
- When embarking on marketing tactics that your business has not done before have an expectation – do not enter into an investment without having some form of expectation of its results.
Get access to our whole online course for just $1000.START NOW
GET MY MARKETING MENTOR
Get 2 hours of expert help for just $500 a month*
* Minimum term: 3 monthsGET A MENTOR NOW
With Face-to-Face Engagement a mfCEOs team works alongside you in your businessSEE OUR PROFILES